A guide to my favorite local non-profit organizations for charitable holiday giving
Celebrating the “season of giving” by reaching out to those in need!
Warning: doing good can often lead to a case of the warm fuzzies.
Jess’s Nice List 2015
- The City Mission – providing food, shelter, education, job training and hope to Clevelanders in need for over 100 years.
- The food pantry at the United Methodist Church of Willoughby – helping neighbors get through hard times with food, household items, clothing and smiles.
- Marilyn’s Voice – local non-profit organization rescuing, rehabilitating and finding loving homes for severely neglected and abused dogs from commercial kennels, puppy mills and other unfortunate circumstances. (They rescue cats, too!) These people do AMAZING work. Go ahead, read Marilyn’s story – see if it doesn’t pull on the old heart strings. (and the purse strings?)
- International Service Center of Cleveland – almost 100 years of dedication to helping refugees achieve self-sufficiency in the United States through cultural orientation, English language classes, housing and employment services, immigration legal assistance and a whole lot of compassion.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Ohio – building a responsible, caring future generation by fostering the development of children in reaching their highest potential through mentoring relationships with supportive adults.
Who is on your Nice List? Tell us about your favorite local do-gooders in the comments below!
Happy Warm Fuzzies!